Last Day of Swim Class
Today is Jabe's last day of swim class under the Bert Lozada Swimming School at Ace Water Plaza. As in my previous post, he was enrolled in the My Baby and Me Class Level 1 (Water Explorer) - Starfish.
|Jabe's Progress Report Card|
The 8-day class is focused on not only making the kids feel comfortable in the water but also to develop their socio-emotional and cognitive skills. Jabe slowly progresses during his 8-day class. His ratings started from the lowest rating that can be given but ended with a lot of STARS (highest ratings).
For his socio-emotional skills
- he is now more comfortable swimming with other adults such as his teachers
- he does not cry every time his teacher gets him from me as compared to the first 2 sessions wherein he was crying or just in his usual poker face expression
- he now loves to play in the water most especially if he is given toys
For his cognitive skills
- he, of course, loves the toys they have at the pool. he totally loves throwing them.
- whenever asked to shoot the ball in the basket, at first he just holds on to it, but now, he can shoot it at the basket with same colored balls
- he recognizes his teacher's voice whenever he is being called. he not only turns to look at who is calling him but he also gives them his sweet smile
- he is now very noisy, he babbles, giggles and shrieks. joins in the songs. but he still hates "bye byes"
For his swimming milestones
- no crying when left with his teacher
- sits on the pool ledge and does not jump
- loves splashing in the water
- does not cry everytime water is poured from back of the head to his face.
- can now float on his back (with assistance) on a more relaxed position, it is like he's just lying on his bed, he's not raising his head anymore or pushing himself up.
- loves the side lying position and the hug position, most especially when he has to go and get the balls/toys at the other side.
- can sit/move/crawl and cross the "magic carpet" (floating mat) provided that there are toys at the end of the mat (with assistance)
- he can now hold at the pool ledge much longer
- he is lazy when told to kick his legs hehehe . . . if asked to kick his legs, he just look at his teacher, smile and imitates teacher while counting 1 to 10
- holds at the pool ledge much longer but too lazy to move from one end to the other, need to assist or tell him to do so, unless he sees the toys at the other end
Today, officially starts his 3-week break. Next class will start on June 18.
He's promoted to Level 2 - Puffers. Yey! So happy that he did not need to repeat Level 1. Congrats baby, keep it up! :)
We would like to thank his teachers, Teacher Mariel, Teacher Lui, and Teacher Juls for being great teachers!